What to do Before, During, and After Your Move
Moving from one home to another could bring up more questions than you would have expected in the first place. Although it seems intimidating, we have come up with a generic guide for you to follow along in different parts of the process. Contact us for more information or specific questions.
- Clean your home
- Decide it is the right time to sell (it is!)
- If you are buying, get pre-approved by your lender
- Do your homework on the current market/contact us for details
- Complete repairs that will help sell your home
- Declutter and depersonalize your home
- Consider curb appeal
- Prepare for contact with industry personnel (agents, lenders, title companies, repair men, inspectors, appraisers, etc.)
- Decide which items will remain in the home and be included in the sale
- Contact trusted movers and get an estimate on moving costs
- It is easier to take time out of each day to pack, instead of trying to do it all at once
- Label boxes clearly
- Determine if you will need to rent an extra storage area
- Keep in mind contract deadlines that were sent to you
- If necessary, locate near schools, healthcare providers, and other points of interest offered in your new neighborhood
- Clean your appliances for someone else to move in and take over
- Keep all of your important documents together
- Working with us guarantees clear communication about questions you may have, do not be afraid to ask!
- Let your friends and family know you moved and have a new address!
- Keep in mind the title company transfers the water bill into your name
- Get used to your new neighborhood and determine easy transportation routes for work, school, etc.
- Get your pet registered to the area
- Update voter registration
- Check on your security system requirements
- Update address:
Post Office (forward mail to new address)
Phone, cable, and internet
Gas and electric
Bank and Credit Card companies
Online Shopping Sites
Clubs and organizations
Dr. Dentist, Vet, etc.
- Clean your heater and A/C unit
- Check smoke detectors and replace where needed
- Get a fire extinguisher
- Find out what day is Trash/Recycle pickup
- Meet your neighbors
We have attached a printable sheet for your reference, please see link below-